Through our work as educators, we have seen the benefits community service work and social learning instruction can have for children. The feeling of being able to contribute and the sense of accomplishment that comes when children are provided an opportunity to do for others is truly great. There is a sense of pride gained from knowing that something they themselves were involved in helped another in need. By cultivating this idea that caring for those who are less fortunate can be both important and rewarding at a young age there is an opportunity for personal growth with potentially great results. It is our hope at Oasis to positively impact our campers, the community and the future by partnering and offering the following elements within our program.
- Bernie’s Book Bank book drive collection with a goal of 10,000 books collected
- Families Helping Families Chicagoland to meet the needs of children and families experiencing homelessness and poverty
- Feed Our Starving Children educational and food packaging trips
- Optional yoga instruction with a focus on mindfulness
- Projects through the Kindness Connection
- Sponsorship of Fox and Trove assemblies for schools
- Partnership with The Ted Fund offering opportunities for about 25 children annually